"HOW SHALL WE THEN LIVE?" Francis Schaeffer

Tuesday, June 14, 2005



Wacko Jacko
OK, so Michael Jackson is "not guilty" on every single count... poor prosecution in my opinion, especially given the juries and cult of celebrity that is California. But, there are TWO extremely important questions that are not being asked right now:

1. WHO IN THE HELL ARE THESE PEOPLE CHEERING FOR JACKO RIGHT NOW?!?! SURELY THEY DON'T LIKE HIS MUSIC? (I like old school Jackson, but anything in the last 20 years has been pure cr@p)
2. Now that Jacko is "not guilty," would any parent feel comfortable letting their kid stay over at Neverland?

I hope the answer to the last question is an emphatic "No!" If you let your kid hang out with Jacko, you children should be taken away from you for negligence. I would hope that Jackson's world from now on does not involve children at Neverland (other than his own and I sure feel sorry for those kids).

I'm at a losfer words.... stunning. I cannott believe there are people crying out for joy that he was not convicted of a single count. It is like I'm in Downer's bizarro world.

ONE FINAL QUESTION... SERIOUSLY!!!

IF Michael Jackson was an ordained priest, would he have received the same verdict?

Discuss amongst yourselves - I'm verklempt...


JB here; the author's post finishes with a very telling point. Would a Catholic Priest in today's culture been found NOT GUILTY on all counts? Hmm, I am afraid that if there was possibly a payout involved, the priest would be found GUILTY!

Now I'm not a Catholic and I believe they have dug their own trench by insisting that the priesthood be unmarried men, but I also believe that a lot of people ( particularly the lawyers) have come to see the Catholic Church as a cash-cow ready and waiting to be milked by the legal brotherhood.

Were their truly victims of the abusing priest? ABSOLUTELY. And yet, in our schizophrenic society to suggest that a homosexual lifestyle is not good; is now politically incorrect, except when it involves possible pay-outs from the Catholic Church. Then and only then is being drawn into a homosexual lifestyle considered a tragedy.

It's a crazy world we live in.

No comments: