"HOW SHALL WE THEN LIVE?" Francis Schaeffer

Sunday, June 19, 2005

I'm fascinated by people; actually it is that fascination that keeps me going in the bizness I'm in. The stories are amazing, sad, exhilarating, unbelievable, grotesque and downright humorous; sometimes all at the same time.

A couple of months ago, I discovered this blog by the phantom prof. This is a female adjunct (lowest of the low at a University -- I say that because I was an adjunct for a couple of years) who teaches English/Journalism type stuff. She is an excellent writer. And though she is a self-professed liberal, it really does not negate the impact of her posts on the vignettes of classes, students and the professor's life.

She did 3 posts on "Ariel" and they are just terrific. I had read the first post but had to wait for the next two. Today I read 2 and 3. They're a fascinating look at a disfunctional family and a sad, compassionate look at Ariel, a "student" who really shouldn't be.

Of secondary interest; you get a glimpse of how the system works in the University when a student with wealthy parents gets an "F."

No comments: