"HOW SHALL WE THEN LIVE?" Francis Schaeffer

Friday, June 03, 2005

from Challies Dot Com

Petra Calls It Quits

It was a couple of weeks ago when I first heard that Petra had officially announced their retirement. One of the pioneering Christian rock bands, and for many years one of the most popular, Petra has decided to retire after 33 years of ministry. I am a little embarrassed to admit that the news hit me hard. To be honest, I had to hold back the tears. That may sound strange, I admit, but you must consider that Petra has played a pivotal role in my life and in my spiritual development.

JB here: I was never a Petra fan but it's a shock to find out they have been around for 33 years (in various forms, various members). That's a Long Time. Best to the boys in their second life.

No comments: