"HOW SHALL WE THEN LIVE?" Francis Schaeffer

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Woodward & the Scooter

I love, and envy, Hugh Hewitt.  He’s everything I’m not.  He’s brilliant, verbally capable, a great writer and appears to have obscene amounts of energy.  His blog  hughhewitt.com is terrific and he was a way of analyzing things that really sharpens the focus and perspective.

Today he said:

Woodward as Nixon: "I hunkered down. I'm in the habit of keeping secrets. I didn't want anything out there that was going to get me subpoened."
by Hugh Hewitt
November 16, 2005 04:11 PM PST
First Rather, now Woodward: Guilty of the very sort of cover-ups for which they pursued Nixon relentlessly.
How long until Woodward declares "Your assistant managing editor is not a crook?

Yep, turns out good ol’ Bob Woodward knew about Valerie Plames identity before Scooter Libby had a clue, or a scooter.  But he let Woodward and others dangle in the wind.  He had a secret.   Hmm, we’ve heard that before.

No comments: