"HOW SHALL WE THEN LIVE?" Francis Schaeffer

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Whacked and needing Mercy

I’ve spent much of my evening reading James Spurgeon’s various post on the legalistic insanity of Longview Baptist Temple and then switched over to the fighting fundamentalists website and ended up reading about charismatic prophet Paul Cain who apparently has ended up in alcoholism and homosexuality.

I’ve been reading about excesses.

Listen, I attest that we are “all whacked.”  I also attest that our moral frailty and ability to implode/explode suddenly is very real within us all.  We are, or maybe I am, one moment away from doing the stupidest thing in my life; at any given time.

I testify that I’m a life-long project many times gone awry.  I testify that God’s grace is sufficient;  it’s all about HIM, it’s none about me.

I simply pray that God will always hedge me about; keep me from the worst excesses of myself.

We all desperately need mercy.   JB

No comments: