"HOW SHALL WE THEN LIVE?" Francis Schaeffer

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

ANIMAL HOUSE & the Senate

I haven’t seen it in years; and then it was clipped for television.  But I still have warm feelings about this movie.  It was just one of those things where all the elements came together and a terrifically funny movie was the result.

RE: WHY REID DID IT (closed the senate for 2 hours) [Kathryn Jean Lopez]
Or it might have been Animal House that inspired him:
Otter: No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part. Bluto: We're just the guys to do it.

They,  the boys of Animal House, were all about futile and stupid gestures.  It was a hoot.  I’m not sure if the Senators are a hoot or not;  however it is ALL politics ALL the time.   I hate that.

No comments: