"HOW SHALL WE THEN LIVE?" Francis Schaeffer

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Bloviating Blogging

I do like humor a lot;  possibly more than a lot;  possibly into excess.  Laughter is good medicine and an effective foil against unwarranted ( or warranted) attacks.  I know I can dish it out, I think I can take it.  But, we all have our moments.

As a public school student, I did enjoy making the class laugh, but if I was really on a roll, making the teacher laugh too.  But there was always danger in playing the role of class wit.  Just because the teacher laughed Thursday morning didn’t mean she’d laugh Friday afternoon.   So you could be wearing a grin on Thursday and  a shirt with a note pinned on it Friday.

I was no Robin Williams but I did appreciate humor in the classroom.  It seemed to break up otherwise boring and dull days.

I think humor in blogging is worthwhile.  I’m not appreciative of bloviating blogging however.  I hope I don’t bloviate.  Sigh

Tomorrow is Monday.

No comments: