"HOW SHALL WE THEN LIVE?" Francis Schaeffer

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Krystal Blogging

It's 2:45 p.m. in Jacksonville and I'm blogging from a Krystal fast food burger joint. Of all the places to have free wi-fi, you really wouldn't expect it in a Krystal. However Jacksonville is so sophisticated that all the Taco Bells have wi-fi also - FREE. It doesn't get too much better than that.

I'll have to go back to work in a bit, there are teenagers waiting to be seen. Here's the truth, I'm not generally a fan of doing treatments with teenagers. They rarely chose to be there and one on one therapy with an angry, rebellious teenager accomplishes ZIP. I warn the parents about the limitations but the parents are always desperate and they've watched too much T.V. They think we have the magic words that will penetrate the skulls of their child. Generally the description runs thusly: "I know he smokes a little pot, and yes he did get jailed for beating up a 14 year old girl and I know he stole once from Target but he's really a good kid." RIGHT!

Oh well, my next 15 year old is not here due to his bad attitude but other family issues. I enjoy seeing him. There are some really good kids out there; you just rarely see them. Why would they come?

No comments: