"HOW SHALL WE THEN LIVE?" Francis Schaeffer

Thursday, May 05, 2005

AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS

On another website I DESIRE THE FUTURE there was a discussion today about music; how we respond to it and to what generation (60's, 70's, 80's etc) we most vibrate.
I love music. I love to drive down the road and crank the car stereo way up just letting the music pour over me. My folks never did that, though they were always exceedingly active in the music at all the churches they attended over the years. But I don't think they ever "cranked" up the car radio. However, they watch/listen to the concerts Bill Gaither produces for television everyday that they can. While there are quite a few of the newer artists; there are a lot of the older ones too. Most of them seem to have retained their voice.

But give me the car, a long stretch of open road, a lack of neighbors on that road and I will just flat out let it loose. The louder the better. Tears, blues, adrenaline and reminensce about the lost things of childhood; music brings them all to the heart and to the soul. And in the car, you can really get caught up in the feelings and passion of the music that touches your heart.

No comments: