"HOW SHALL WE THEN LIVE?" Francis Schaeffer

Friday, December 16, 2005

Internet Romance gone wrong

Way too rich – you’ll be chortling yourselves.    READ

A love-struck Frenchman wooed the online girl of his dreams for six months - only to discover at their first meeting that he had in fact been chatting up his own mother, Yahoo! reports.
This nightmare scenario (for Daniel Anceneaux that is - as far as we’re concerned Xmas has come early) began when the Marseilles X-Ray technician came across a fellow internet luv-seeker called Sweet Juliette.
A shaken Anceneaux takes up the story: “Mum called herself Sweet Juliette and I called myself The Prince of Pleasure, and unfortunately, neither one of us had any idea who the other was. The conversations even got a little racy a couple of times.
“But I really started to fall for her, because there seemed to be a sensitive side that you don’t see in many girls. She sent me poems she had written and told me about her dreams and desires, and it was really very romantic.
Indeed. When the proto-Romeo asked for a snap of Sweet Juliette, she sent him a “curvy, half-clad cutie she’d scanned from a men’s magazine”. Anceneaux recalled: “The girl in the picture was so beautiful, I begged Juliette to meet me on the beach - and mum said yes. Mum says she was falling for me, too, and she just wanted to meet me, even though she knew I’d be disappointed when I saw her.”
Disappointed doesn’t even begin to describe it. Anceneaux continued: “I walked out on that dark beach thinking I was going to hook up with the girl of my dreams. And there she was, wearing white shorts and a pink tank top, just like she’d said she would.
“But when I got close, she turned around - and we both got the shock of our lives. I mean, I didn’t know what to say. All I could think was, ‘Oh my God! it’s Mama!’.”
It gets better. A policeman then turned up and “cited them for visiting a restricted beach after dark”. Mum Nicole confessed: “Danny and I were so flustered, we blurted out the whole story to the cop.”
Nicole said: “The policeman wrote a report, a local TV station got hold of it - and the next thing we knew, our picture and our story was all over the 6 o’clock news. People started pointing and laughing at us on the street - and they haven’t stopped laughing since.”
And what did dad make of all this? Well, Paul Anceneaux “wasn’t too happy when the story hit the news and his beer-drinking friends made him the butt of their jokes”, Daniel admitted. “Dad was angry for a while and he banned mum from talking to anybody on the internet ever again,” he concluded.
I’m tellin’ ya; you just gotta be careful with these internet romances.

No comments: