"HOW SHALL WE THEN LIVE?" Francis Schaeffer

Monday, September 19, 2005

ONETRUEGODBLOG.COM

ONETRUEGODBLOG.COM

Hugh Hewitt, lawyer, radio personality and fan of any team that plays USC has started a new blog where he intends that 5 theologians will answer a set of questions that are of interest to the general populace.

His chosen theologians are:

Dr. Al Mohler
Dr. John Mark Reynolds
Dr. Mark D. Roberts
Amy Welborn
Dr. Charles Allen White

The first 3 gentlemen are staunch Evangelicals;  Amy Welborn and Dr. White are both staunch Catholics.  

Hugh’s opening question is about Demons.  Dr. Reynolds initial response caught my eye.

Why I Believe in Demons, Regretfully
by Mark D. Roberts
First, a confession: I have not seen The Exorcism of Emily Rose, and may not see it at all. Not that I think it's wrong to see this film. Rather, it reminds me too much of the last time I mixed it up with an exorcist.
It was 1973, and I was a junior in high school. About ten o'clock one evening I picked up William Peter Blatty's The Exorcist, thinking that I'd knock off a couple of chapters before bed. "Fool!" to quote Mr. T. By the time I stopped reading it was 4:30 in the morning, and I had finished the entire book. Yet, no matter how tired I felt, there was no sleeping for me that night. Sleeplessness became a familiar bedfellow over the next several weeks as I tried in vain to put The Exorcist out of my mind.

Demons make me nervous.  I used to laughing remind a few of the people who worked under my auspices that “we don’t do demons.”  As a counselor I preferred that we stick to psychological problems not demonic ones.   Ah well, the blog should be velly interesting.  I’m sure I’ll keep up with it.  After all it features a couple of my favorite theologians.  JB

No comments: