"HOW SHALL WE THEN LIVE?" Francis Schaeffer

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

FOGHORN LEGHORN and the Senate


"Pay attention to me boy. I'm not talkin' just to hear my head roar. No no no, ya doin' it all wrong."
"What's the big, I say what's the big idea. Don't stand there gawkin' son, speak up. Now cu, I say cut that out, what's it all about boy, elucidate!"
"I keep pitchin' em and you keep missin' 'em. Ya way off, I say ya way off this time son."
"Say something! Explain yourself! Your tongue's flappin' but no noise is coming outta your big mouth!"
"But I got, I say, I gotta show the little egghead I still got a couple of tricks up my sleeve. Smart boy, got a mind like a steel trap...full of mice."

Possibly some of you reading this blog never had the joy and privilege of watching the cartoon character FOGHORN LEGHORN!  But if you’d like to know what his character was like,  just watch the Senate confirmation hearings on John Roberts.  
If you’re not  quaking with fear as you begin to realize that 100 utter buffoons are the people who make the laws of the country then you just haven’t come to grips with reality.

OKAY, Not ALL 100 are utter buffoons but “dang me” it’s  close.  JB

(hattip to the Volokh Conspiracy)

No comments: