"HOW SHALL WE THEN LIVE?" Francis Schaeffer

Friday, September 02, 2005

IT'S TIME TO PRAY

Here in Florida, gas supplies have begun to tighten up. Regular gas is not available; the price is $3.00 or more. Nobody is complaining because price is less of a problem than lack of gas supplies.

I'm scheduled to fly to Sacramento next week on Northwest Airlines. At this time I don't see it happening. A) Will Northwest even be in the air next week? B) What are the chances I could get stranded away from my family. C) My anxiety about things is clearly elevated. D) I don't want to take 4 days off of work at this time.

GOD, as I've noted before, is in control; we are not. I think a most appropriate response to the burgeoning crisis is: PRAY

If you do not regularly meet with a group of individuals striving to know and worship the creator God -- now would be a good time to start.

I'm very partial to places that emphasize the ancient Scriptures; the BIBLE. Its trackrecord is incomparable. People who attempt to follow the teaching of Scripture prosper. Those who ignore them end up living difficult and painful lives.

It is TIME TO PRAY!

A good prayer template is the followings:

A.C.T.S.

A = Adoration. Praising and worshipping the God who is worthy of praise
C = Contrition. Admitting that we have sinned, we have ignored God.
T = Thanksgiving. We have Sooo Much to be thankful for: We had best remember that
S = Supplication. Here's where our needs and our neighbors needs are remembered.

I encourage you; be in a good church this weekend, pray for America's transformation.

No comments: