"HOW SHALL WE THEN LIVE?" Francis Schaeffer

Monday, January 30, 2006

W. Shatner on Free Will

Found in Dr. Al Mohler’s blog:   HERE

Actor William Shatner:
"The conundrum of free will and destiny has always kept me dangling. Everything in the universe follows concrete rules: the galaxies move in predictable ways. Stars are formed within definitive parameters. Viruses mutate. From the highest to the lowest, physics shows us that everything works according to rules we can observe.
The only fly in the ointment is man's free will. I could go down those stairs and leave right now, right in the middle of this interview, and I could do so by my own free will, alienating Esquire magazine. But I choose not to alienate Esquire magazine, and I stay. I think I'm operating under free will. But am I? That's the dilemma. God is either in the destiny or the free will. Unfortunately, I don't have the answer this morning."

It is THE conundrum.  How much “free will” versus how much “God’s will.”  No easy answer for humans.

No comments: