"HOW SHALL WE THEN LIVE?" Francis Schaeffer

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

ROCKIN ROLLIN

ROCKIN’ & ROLLIN’
Due to the death of my precious mother-in-law, Donna Gaumitz, my semi-adult children and I made a quick trip to the west coast leaving on a Thursday and returning on Sunday.   My daughter is a “white-knuckle” flyer and I was pleased she decided to make the flight despite her fears.  Frankly, the first leg of the flight out was a dream.  All the flights were full but this one was as smooth a flight as I can remember.  The second leg into Portland hit enough turbulence at one time that the “air goddesses” were instructed to take their seats.  My daughter didn’t like that one bit.  And unluckily me and my 2 kids were isolated from each other on that leg so no hand-holding was available.  But we arrived at our destination safely.

Lifting out of Portland on the ride home was just, flat scary.  Bouncing, bucking, dropping, climbing, it wasn’t at all fun.  My daughter was crying and clinging to my arm.  I wasn’t exactly thrilled to be there.  It wasn’t until we reached cruising altitude of 37,000 feet that the turbulence actually ceased; thank goodness.   The last 2 legs of the flight were without incidence and very little turbulence.

So we’re home and we now await the return of my spouse who should fly in later this p.m. after being gone 10 days or so.  Then the family will once again be complete.

No comments: