"HOW SHALL WE THEN LIVE?" Francis Schaeffer

Monday, January 09, 2006

My Dad's cancer

My beloved 83 year old father appears to have pretty aggressive prostate cancer that has metastasized to his bones causing a lot of pain.  The doctors have been a little slow dealing with the pain and my father has been hesitant to avail himself of the pain meds but he seems to understand the importance now; hopefully the pain will be under control.

Dad is a devout believer and doesn’t worry about dying but has always worried more about living; as do I.  And then my Mom worries about my Dad.  I am fortunate that I’ve had my parents into their 80’s with reasonable health and mental acuity.  But the warning signs are out; we don’t live forever here on planet Earth.  We the children are paying more attention, we don’t have a lot of years left to enjoy our parents.

And even for us, tomorrow is not promised.  But God is good to His children and a better place awaits us after our time on earth is ended.  Glory That!

No comments: