"HOW SHALL WE THEN LIVE?" Francis Schaeffer

Monday, March 28, 2005

Found on National Review Online by Jay Nordlinger 3-28-05

... "one additional word. I have a friend Michael Walsh, the writer who insists that liberalism is a "death cult." (Michael has a well-thought-out explanation of this. And, by the way, when I say "liberalism," I'm using it in the contemporary American sense which is bonkers, but that's not my fault.) He wrote me the other day concerning Schiavo and said, in essence, "See?" Yes, I see. It's amazing how they you know: they need her to die. She has to die, or they will be livid. Her continued life is a kind of offense to them. If she doesn't die, then Tom DeLay and Jerry Falwell . . . well, they'll be happy!"

JB here: That's absolutely right. The radical liberal doesn't care who has to die or what has to be destroyed just as long as the evil ones such as DeLay, Falwell, the Bush brothers, John Ashcroft and Dick Cheney lose.
How macabre is that? Indeed.

No comments: