"HOW SHALL WE THEN LIVE?" Francis Schaeffer

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Unmasked the real Shakespeare

Unmasked: the 'real Shakespeare'
By David KeysOctober 6, 2005
EXTRAORDINARY historical evidence suggests Shakespeare's plays were not written by the bard, but by a Tudor politician descended from King Edward III.
British Shakespeare scholar and former university lecturer Brenda James and university historian William Rubinstein propose that the real Shakespeare was Sir Henry Neville, an English courtier and diplomat.   Here

Though I’ve never followed the debate closely or obsessively, I admit to being one of those who think actor/commoner Bill Shakespeare did not author the plays that bear his name.  It has always seemed either a) highly unlikely or b) downright impossible to me.  But I’m no Shakespeare expert either.
Well that’s my 2 cents worth.  Or maybe ½ that.  

No comments: