"HOW SHALL WE THEN LIVE?" Francis Schaeffer

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

A little Monty Python

A little Monty Python anyone?

- - Cut to front door of a flat. Man walks up to the door and rings bell. He is dressed smartly.Man: Burglar! (longish pause while he waits, he rings again) Burglar! (woman appears at other side of door)Woman: Yes?Man: Burglar, madam.Woman: What do you want?Man: I want to come in and steal a few things, madam.Woman: Are you an encydopaedia salesman?Man: No madam, I'm a burglar, I burgle people.Woman: I think you're an encyclopaedia salesman.Man: Oh I'm not, open the door, let me in please.Woman: If I let you in you'll sell me encyclopaedias.Man: I won't, madam. I just want to come in and ransack the flat. Honestly.Woman: Promise. No encyclopaedias?Man: None at all.Woman: All right. (she opens door) You'd better come in then.- - Man enters it through door.Man: Mind you I don't know whether you've really considered the advantages of owning a really fine set of modern encyclopaedias...(he pockets valuable) You know, they can really do you wonders.

The M.P.’s really did have a knack didn’t they.

No comments: