"HOW SHALL WE THEN LIVE?" Francis Schaeffer

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Making a blended family Work

Making a blended family work.  Now that’s a challenge requiring all the help possible.  HERE is some.

I was thrilled when a young man I knew whose wife had left him with two small children began dating a woman in a similar position. They cautiously developed their relationship and decided to marry, making them an instant family of five. It was a few years before we began to see the cracks in their relationship. Soon the pressures of blending two families became overwhelming for them, and they are now separated.I wished I knew how to help them when they first began struggling, but I was at a loss. In light of countless stories such as these, we have developed a six-part course on remarriage and the blended family. Our intention is that this will be a practical tool to help those who are trying to blend two families into one.

No comments: